Last chance to tour '09 Symphony Showhouse

Yes....I'm blogging about the showhouse again.  I'm probably going to make some designer's REALLY happy with me right now - but I just wrote something in this blog and couldn't help but bust out laughing (yes - I am sleep deprived).  I just used the word "designer" and the phrase "sweat equity" IN THE SAME SENTENCE!!!!!  I dedicate this blog to all of those talented installers and tradespeople that turn our visions into reality all year long.  (If this doesn't disqualify me from next year's showhouse - I'm getting one of those shirt pocket spy cameras for documentation - or maybe blackmail).  


Now that we've all calmed down & the showhouse has proven itself successful (so far $80k in donations handed over to the Charleston Symphony Orchestra - record breaking response), it's pretty darn funny to look back and remember some of the things that were witnessed during the preparation and early preview days of the showhouse (including one of my guests spilling red wine on a WHITE rug!!!!).  

On to the purpose of this blog - the 2009 Symphony Designer Showhouse at the Maison du Pre Inn on the corner of E. Bay & George will reopen for a final two weeks during Spoleto.  This will be your last opportunity this year to contribute to the CSO while exploring creations by many of Charleston's most talented designers.  Of course - be sure to check out our "Manhattan Kitchen" (term stolen from a guest) designed in association with the fabulous team at Herlong & Associates.   

For information about the showhouse, please click here to visit the Charleston Symphony Orchestra League's website.  



No comments: